Meet Your Brisbane Building Inspector
There’s no other Brisbane building inspector who commits himself to checking a property like Andrew Mackintosh does. As the Director of Action Property Inspections, you will not find Andrew sitting around in his office giving directions; he is out on the road, supporting his team, and undertaking inspections himself. Property is a passion and a profession for Andrew, and he wants to finish every job knowing that you have complete peace of mind.
Servicing Brisbane since 1995
Andrew has been servicing the greater Brisbane area since 1995 and has an impressive 82% referral rate from satisfied clients. One of the most reassuring things about Andrew and Action Property Inspections is that they have absolutely no affiliation with the real estate industry. They believe wholeheartedly in transparency with all of their clients.
“Action Property Inspections have provided a prompt and valuable service. Andrew was able to provide a detailed and concise report detailing all defects with the property, whether they would be minor or major. Andrew also provided estimated rough costs of repair. With this thorough inspection, I was able to easily knock off $10K from the initial purchase price. For the small investment, it was definitely worth it. I highly recommend Andrew due to his professional service and helpful nature.” P Alexander 27/09/16
“Prompt, thorough and professional…”
“Professional and friendly…”
“Purchase with confidence…”
The praise just keeps coming! Check out the list of glowing testimonials here.
20,000 building inspections and counting
If you’re looking for a building inspector with experience, you simply cannot beat Andrew’s statistics. He has clocked up over 20,000 building inspections in his years in the business. If a property has a defect, it’s likely Andrew has seen it: the good, the bad and the ugly. Andrew has experience in:
- Allotment inspection – paths and driveways, paving, surface drainage, fences, barbecues, freestanding structures, retaining walls and surrounding trees.
- Chimney inspection – chimney trays, weep holes, mortar joints, capping.
- Garage inspection – concrete slab and frame.
- House exterior inspection – external walls, painted surfaces, infill panels, gable structure, fascias, soffits, eaves, external stairs, downpipes, tiling, awnings, shutters, fly screens, fireplace.
- House interior inspection – internal linings, paint and wallpaper, brickwork, timber flooring, carpets, vinyl, floor tiles, doors, windows, stairs, ceiling fans, fly screens, fireplace.
- House interior wet areas – bathroom, toilet, laundry, kitchen.
- Decking, pergolas and verandahs – including structures.
- Roof exterior – cladding, gutters, chimney, TV Antenna
- Roof interior – roof structure, decay, ceiling linings.
- Termite barriers – ant caps, breached and incorrectly installed barriers
- Underfloor areas – supports, tie downs, termite barriers, bearers and joists, foundation walls, retaining walls, flooring, decay, concrete slab.
Certifications and qualifications
Andrew’s impressive number of inspections is backed up by his certifications and qualifications. He is a licensed builder, a licensed building inspector and a Member of the Queensland Master Builders Association and Institute of Building Consultants. Not only does Andrew build his expertise day to day with every inspection, but he’s also dedicated to keeping up to date with industry standards, legislation and best practice through his professional memberships.
A house inspector with a strict code of ethics
Every inspection Andrew conducts is done in accordance with Action Property Inspections’ strict code of ethics. Following industry best practice, Andrew and the team strive to:
- To apply fair treatment, courtesy, reasonable and honest conduct in the efficient operation of our business.
- To service and promote the interests of the building inspection industry.
- To support research and design to advance the professional image of the industry through the development of codes of practice, the application of new techniques, methods and products.
- To support training development and initiatives, strive to maintain a high standard of workmanship and encourage and improve practical and administrative skills in the industry.
Andrew’s a YouTube star!
Did you know that Andrew is a YouTube star too? Just another value-add he offers his clients, Andrew shares informative videos on his channel Building Inspections TV. Have you ever wondered what termite damaged stumps look like or what termites sound like? Take a look at the videos to find out!
A star in customer service
A number of awards have appropriately acknowledged Andrew and Action Property Inspection’s impressive inspection history. Action Property Inspections won the Business Achiever Awards in 2009 and 2010 and were finalists in 2008, 2011 and 2012. The Business Achiever Awards represented small business success within the greater Brisbane area, specifically recognizing excellence in customer service, business ethics and professionalism.
More recently, Action Property Inspections have received WOMO Service Awards in 2013, 2015 and 2016. Of all the businesses listed on WOMO (Word of Mouth), only 5% qualify for the award. These awards help consumers find professional businesses and represent businesses who continuously provide exceptional customer service, which is at the forefront of Action Property Inspections’ ethos.
A vision for exceptional customer service
As both the business owner and building inspector, Andrew continues to drive his vision and reputation of providing an exceptional customer experience; it’s how he’s become the industry leader in pre-purchase inspections. He delivers this consistently with his honesty, being unbiased and transparent. He believes in offering value for money and carrying out thorough inspections, with reporting that is professional and timely. Andrew always has his clients’ best interests in mind, and aims to provide as much detail as possible to give confidence in purchasing decisions. After all, buying property is often the biggest purchase his clients will make in their lifetime.
A confidence builder
Buying a new home or investment property is supposed to be about kicking life goals, about enjoyment and about building dreams. Don’t let your choice of Brisbane building inspector be the reason for a home purchase you’d rather forget.
There are plenty of building inspectors out there – but they are not all equal. You want an inspector with the right mix of qualifications and hands-on experience. Andrew’s honesty and professionalism shine through in all of his dealings; it’s why his business has grown on referrals alone and why you won’t be disappointed when you engage him as your Brisbane building inspector.